How to use Power inverter – Precaution and Solar panel Maintenance
When talking about power inverter, its a good idea to know how to use power inverter and what are the precaution of using an inverter so has to keep your power inverter in smooth running condition. i will be analyzing how to maintain an inverter
What are the precautions for using an inverter?
1. DC voltage must be consistent, each inverter has a DC voltage value, such as 12V, 24V, etc. that required battery voltage must be the same as the DC inverter input voltage. For example now, a 12V power inverter will have a 12V battery.
2. The inverter’s output power must be greater than the power used by the device. Especially for large power equipment at startup, such as refrigerators and air conditioners, it is necessary to leave a larger margin.
3. Positive and negative poles must be connected correctly
The DC voltage connected to the inverter is indicated by positive and negative poles. Red is positive (+), negative black (-), and the battery is also indicated by positive and negative poles, positive red (+), negative black (-), and must be positive (red) when connected. Negative (black and black). The diameter of the cable must be quite thick and the length of the cable must be as small as possible.
4. Must be placed in a ventilated, dry place, alert to rain, and objects around it have a distance of more than 20cm, away from products that are flammable and explosive, must not be placed on a machine or cover other items, use of temperature around no more than 40 ° C.
5. Charging and inverter cannot be done simultaneously. That is, the charger plug cannot be inserted into the inverter output electric circuit during the inverter.
6. The interval between the two starts no less than 5 seconds (release the input power).
7. Clean with a dry cloth or antistatic cloth to keep the machine clean.
8. Before connecting the engine input and output, first ground the engine casing correctly.
9. To avoid accidents, users are prohibited from opening casings for operation and use.
10. If you suspect that this machine is damaged, please do not continue to operate and use. Input and output must be cut on time, and maintenance personnel who meet the requirements or maintenance unit must inspect and repair.
11. When connecting the battery, make sure there are no other metal objects in the hand to avoid shorting the battery and burning the human body.
12, use of the environment, based on safety and performance considerations, the installation environment must have the following conditions:
1) Dry: Do not soak or rain;
2) cold: temperatures between 0 ° C and 40 ° C;
3) Ventilation: Keep no foreign objects at 5CM on the casing, and the other end surface well ventilated.
How to maintain an inverter?
1. Check the integrity of the inverter and electrical connection structure, heat dissipation and whether there is greater vibration and abnormal sound;
2. Regularly clean the inverter to ensure the inverter will not be long-term corrosion, fouling state;
3. Regularly check the warning signs on the inverter to maintain the integrity of the warning signs;
4. Regularly check whether the module cooling fan, reactor and transformer in the inverter start and stop automatically according to temperature; if there is a large vibration and abnormal noise when the cooling fan is ON;
5. Periodically remove the AC output side (side side) of the circuit breaker to see if the inverter stops feeding the box immediately.
6. Check the temperature of the DC inverter bus capacitors that are too high or over the life span; in exceptional circumstances or during the working period, you should immediately repair or replace the life of the DC bus.
Solar panel cleaning
Is it necessary to clean the photovoltaic solar panels? How often? Dirt and debris have a negative impact on the efficiency of your solar panels, as they interfere with the capture of sunlight.
Why do you need to clean solar panels?
In most cases, you wo n’t need to clean your solar panels very often , if you do. After all, anything that accumulates of dirt in them (for example, dust or pollen), will be washed with rainwater.
However, sometimes it may make sense to clean the solar panels. If there are many bird droppings on your panels, the rain will not be enough to wash them, so if that is the case, it may be a good idea to clean them. Also, if you live in an area prone to droughts, or if it rains only a very light rain, you may have to clean them from time to time. Dirt and debris can adversely affect the amount of sunlight that the panel absorbs and converts into electricity. But, the amount of efficiency that is reduced is, at most, 5%.
So why do i need to clean my solar panel? In general, and even if we are talking about areas with drought, at some point it will rain and the panels will be cleaned, and it may not be worth dealing with the trouble of cleaning it.
When to know if you have to wash the solar panels?
There are ways to determine if your solar panels need to be cleaned. One is the physical inspection of the panels for debris, dirt, bird droppings, etc. The other way is to see if electricity production falls. Perhaps the time of the year that you have to control more the state of the solar panels, is in spring and summer. This is the time of the year when the animals are most active and when the panels are more likely to get stained.
How to clean solar panels?
If you decide that your solar panels need to be cleaned, there are mainly two ways to do it:
- Hire a professional
- Do it yourself
There are many solar companies that will offer you this type of service, for a fee, of course. There are even companies that include it as part of an annual maintenance service.
On the other hand, you can also do it yourself, and generally you will have everything you need to do it at home. In most cases, you won’t need anything more than a hose (without much pressure), some soap, and that’s it. This could also be useful in drought-prone areas, because basically what you are doing with the hose is the same as the rain would if you had more in your area. If you have your panels mounted on a motorhome, caravan or camper, be careful with the car washes and pressure washer sites . The pressure used in these places can go well for the vehicle plate but not for the solar panels.
What to use to clean solar panels?
If you are interested in cleaning your solar panels on your own, there are a variety of products that you can use to clean them.
But before you start, consult the panel instructions and / or consult your supplier to determine if there is information, recommendations and what to do or what not to do when it comes to cleaning your solar system. The most effective way to clean your solar panels is with a hose and a bucket of soapy water. Essentially, the same way you would wash your car at home: very carefully and dearly.
Because you don’t want to scratch the panels in any way, it is better to use only water and a non-abrasive sponge to apply the soap. Keep in mind that you should not use any type of high pressure water spray when washing your solar panels. A high pressure fitting can damage solar panels.
If you want to use something other than just water, especially to get rid of annoying bird droppings, make sure it is smooth and does not scratch. The best tool to clean the solar panels are sponges , because they do not leave scratches.
If you decide to use some soap on the sponge, use ordinary soap (such as the one on the dishes or the one on the hands). Laundry detergents and other stronger chemicals can interact with solar panels in a negative way.
The best time to clean the panels
The best time to clean the panels is first thing or at the end of the day in summer, or do it at a time of the year when the sun is not very strong. Keep in mind that solar panels can be extremely hot when the sun hits them.
It is even better to choose a cold and cloudy day for cleaning the solar panels. Not only to protect yourself from burns, but if you try to clean the solar panels when it is very hot, the soapy water that you will be placing on the panels will evaporate quickly and may leave residue or stains on the panels that can affect its effectiveness.
For solar panel maintenance, In general, let the rain take care of cleaning your solar panel. Check from time to time the state it is in and clean it when there is a long period of drought or when you notice that the electricity production falls.
Photovoltaic solar panels have the great advantage of not needing much maintenance, although an inspection from time to time is not bad.
Precautions for inverters used in off-grid photovoltaic systems.
With the development of the economy and society, it is not uncommon for resources to dry up and the environment to deteriorate. The emergence of a new energy concept has made photovoltaic power generation systems increasingly applied to human life, and green mountains in the world and green waters are a common desire for everyone.
(1) Must have a measurable output capacity and adequate loading capacity. To choose an inverter, it is necessary to consider having sufficient rated capacity to meet the electrical power requirements of the equipment under maximum load. For an inverter with one device as a load, the rated capacity is relatively simple. When electrical equipment is a pure resistive load or a power factor greater than 0.9, the inverter’s rated capacity is 1.1 ~ 1.5 of the capacity of the electrical equipment. Just duplicate it. If an inverter is loaded with many devices, the selection of inverter capacity must consider the possibility that some consumers will work at the same time, namely, “load simultaneous coefficients”.
(2) must have high voltage stability. In an off-grid photovoltaic power system, batteries are used as energy storage devices. When a battery with a 12V nominal voltage is in a floating condition, the terminal voltage can reach 13.5V, and overcharging conditions can reach 15V in a short time. Terminal voltage can be reduced to 10.5V or lower at the end of the battery with load release. Battery terminal voltage fluctuations can reach around 30% of nominal voltage. This requires an inverter to have a better voltage regulation performance to ensure that the photovoltaic power generation system is supported by a stable AC voltage.
(3) High efficiency or high efficiency under various loads. The high efficiency of all machines is a remarkable feature that distinguishes an inverter for a photovoltaic power plant from a general purpose inverter. The actual efficiency of a 10KW general purpose inverter is only 70% ~ 80%. When used in a photovoltaic power generation system, it will carry around 20% ~ 30% of the total power lost. Therefore, special inverters for photovoltaic power generation systems must pay special attention to reducing power losses themselves and increasing the efficiency of the entire machine. Therefore, this is an important step to improve the technical and economic indicators of the photovoltaic power generation system. In terms of overall machine efficiency, the requirements for inverters for photovoltaic power plants are: inverter rated load efficiency below the KW level ≥80% ~ 85%, low load efficiency ≥65% ~ 75%; rated 10KW inverter load efficiency ≥85% ~ 90%, low load efficiency ≥70% ~ 80%.
(4) It should have better current protection and short circuit protection. During normal operation of a photovoltaic power generation system, a power supply overload or short circuit caused by a load failure, personnel operation errors, and external interference is very possible.
Inverters are most sensitive to more and shorter currents than external circuits and are weak links in photovoltaic power generation systems. Therefore, when choosing an inverter, it needs to have a good self-protection function against overcurrent and short circuit.
(5) Easy maintenance. Naturally, a high-quality inverter fails due to component failure after several years of operation. In addition to the needs of manufacturers to have a good after-sales service system, manufacturers are also required to have good maintenance in the inverter production process, selection of structures and components. For example, damaged components have enough or easily purchased parts, and good interchangeable components; in the process structure, components are easily disassembled and replaced, and replacement is easy. In this way, even if the inverter fails, it can quickly return to normal.
Use and maintenance of grid inverters?
For inverter use we must pay attention to the use of related methods and maintenance items. In addition, grid inverters that are connected are also in this range, consisting of various types of inverters, we must first check before installation, whether it is in a damaged transportation process, ensuring the integrity of electrical equipment. What is the first condition that we use in safety, we must ensure that the installation time when we choose the installation location, the surrounding range without interference with electronic power devices, so as not to affect our normal usage conditions for your toilet, too. bring an unsafe factor to our installation on an electrical connection before disconnecting all circuits.
In particular, if we use the time of solar power generation equipment, when we install an inverter, if it is exposed to sunlight radiation in the photovoltaic range it will be our dangerous voltage, so we at the time of installation must pay attention to the installation environment. , the installation and operation of all must be done by professional and technical personnel to complete it, so that we can ensure the accuracy of the installation, and installation and use of regulations and security. Moreover, the condition of the installation for the use of electrical equipment must meet the electricity standards set by our country.
This is also an important condition for using the correct grid inverter, and this is also a prerequisite so that we can be safer in the future use process. In addition, when installed, you will get permission from the local electricity sector to have professional and technical personnel to complete all electricity connections, electricity connections again after network implementation connects you, before doing any maintenance work, you must first cut off the connection between marginal and grid associated with clicking on the link, cutting off the DC power supply, so as to avoid danger.
What problems should the inverter consider when choosing?
Many people may hear the inverter for the first time, and home inverters can be purchased at the mall, which makes many people feel very strange. Actually, this is mainly because inverters are more professional electrical devices. We used to have a house. There are relatively few electrical appliances. Even if there is a problem, the method we use is sending it to a repair station specifically for maintenance. It’s not like choosing a repair service in terms of network sharing resources, so most people don’t know how to choose it. I will give you a brief introduction to several methods.
we can find more professional people to choose the same when choosing an inverter manufacturer. In addition, we can ask sales staff to introduce products. At this time, we need to pay attention to the introduction of product functions by sales staff. Especially when salespeople explain some unique characteristics of a product, we need to know the product in detail. The function of the inverter used in our various inverter products will vary, and only the right one is the best. After this determination, you only need to decide whether to buy. At present, you understand their after-sales service. In general, current electronic equipment will have a certain warranty period, so that our products do not function due to non-human causes during the warranty period. , we can guarantee the warranty.
Through the introduction above, you now understand the details that we need to consider when choosing an inverter. I hope to help you choose an inverter that you are satisfied with. Of course, if you don’t know anything, you can also consult our customer service. A more professional and detailed introduction will be given to you.
Why inverter use fuse?
It is a safety measure.
If an overcurrent flows, the fuse will blow and prevent the overcurrent from flowing.
If the inverter is overloaded more than expected, such as over current, the inverter may be damaged.
The inverter also has a protection circuit, but by using a fuse, it is used to prevent damage to the inverter and to prevent fires such as overheating and ignition of equipment due to over current.
(When large current flows, etc. may not be able to completely protect the equipment.) The
cable with fuse for inverter protection is very quick in detecting over current compared with the conventional product.
In order to protect the inverter and prevent fire, it is recommended to install a protective fuse between the plus α safety inverter and the battery.
A cable set with an inverter and a fuse with a cable is recommended.